So, also this week....can't remember what day (they all blur together) bike riding got to be a lot more stressful for me (Elisa). I was really fighting feelings of negative attitudes and frustrations of traffic laws (or lack there of) in Taiwan. I know I am NOT to think this way and have prayed LOTS for patience and understanding. However, this week especially...I was always tense and I was getting into LOTS of close calls. Well on one of the frustrating trips home from work (after a 14 or 15 hour workday)...I was just about to turn into the alley in which is close to where we live. As I was turning, I was going rather fast and at the same time hit a hug pot hole. My bike swerved all over (thankfully we were out of the way of most traffic at this point or this story could have a horrible ending). As I hit the pot hole...my handlebars came off, I had no control, I almost full off, scraped my legs pretty good, but caught myself and my bike. Needless to say, I couldn't ride anymore and therefore had to push the bike the rest of the way home.
Once home, we briefly tried to fix the bike. Two days later we tried to ride to work. Cameron was going to ride my bike (to make sure it was safe) but realized immediately that it wasn't going to work (the handlebars pointed one way and the tire another)! So, we walked our bike all the way to school that day. (Which did not help with my positive attitude) I was actually to the point of tears I was so frustrated at this point. But, our handy man at school was able to tighten it right up for us and it has worked ever since. God was also able to work in my heart over the last few days and has helped me change my attitude and fight off the negative feelings Satan was trying to fill me with! So, we are back to the bike thing (praise God....because believe it or not....its cooler to ride our bikes to school in this humid weather than walk)! Oh, and I think people would be quite impressed with our bike riding abilities here :) Wish I could ride with a video camera on my helmet just so you could get a glimpse!
No comments:
Post a Comment