Well, once again, I apologize for the horrible job I have done of keeping the blog updated with what is going on in our lives here! I mean....a TON has happened since Christmas. But, when I wait this long....how in the world am I to remember all that should be mentioned!
I honestly feel that one reason we blog less now...is because Taiwan is really just starting to feel like home. Less things stand out as different. More things just seem like the norm. Plus, we are SO busy....our weeks now are just completely filled up with the busyness of life!
I see this as a HUGE blessing! I mean, that the Lord can take us completely out of our comfort zone into the complete unknown and then make you feel comfortable again! Praise Him for that!
So, you may wonder what has been keeping us so busy?? First of all, TEACHING! Boy, it is just never ending OR at least from August through June its never ending :)
We are basically at shool a tad before 7 am every day and we stay until at least 4:30 or 5.......Some nights even later :(
On Monday evenings we teach a tumbling class for two hours after school. I say we because Cam is my assistant during the first class of 3 to 6 year olds. I am SOOO glad he was willing to help out. At first, when I was teaching by myself, I thought I was CRAZY for volunteering to teach two more hours of little kids classes after I already do a full day of it! It has been going MUCH better though. Now I look at it as a fun way to work out and minister :)
We also are part of a Small Group on Monday nights with other foreigners from the church we attend. It makes for a REALLY long day on Mondays...but, it has been so nice to fellowship with other English speakers and have a support group! We really look forward to getting to know the people in our group better (these are all people who do NOT teach at our school with us).
Tuesday is our only completely free night (however lately, Cam has been having science meetings and we both will be playing basketball on Tuesdays for awhile as our school staff is in a basketball tournament in a month or so).
Wednesday nights we tend to have school meetings after school. If not, we tend to stay and get some work done on this night since we dont get a whole lot done any other day after school. However, later in the evening...I have a women's Bible Study. We are going through The Patriarchs by Beth Moore. I REALLY enjoy this time each week. While I am at Bible Study, Cam uses those 2 and 1/2 hours or so to do his masters work each week. So another busy and late night in the Klump house.
Thursday nights we now take two hours of Chinese! YEAH! We are so glad we are finally signed up for this. It is actually quite a bit of fun to learn a new langauge. I almost wish that I could just take a year for language study......I would love to get good at it. But, at this point....learning the basics will make me thrilled!
Weekends are our time. We tend to just relax and enjoy time together (and also spend quite a bit of time on Skype catching up with everyone back in the states)
So, the warm humid weather (or freezing gray weather during rainy season), shopping at fruit and veggie markets, riding bikes everywhere, trash truck songs and loud doorbells, scooters and traffic, eating out at all types of ethnic restaurants, Chinese language, and the sights and smells of the BiG city life........are all becoming more and more part of our lives! Thanks for your prayers as we transitioned into life here and please continue to pray that the LORD will lead and guide our daily lives in Taiwan. We definitely miss you all SOO much.....but we are enjoying this new phase of our lives as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment