I am not sure if most of you even know, but Cam and I moved over the summer! At the end of the school year last summer...we were given the opportunity to choose if we would like to stay in our old apartment or move to one of the open places that was in a building much closer to school. At the time, this was a VERY difficult decision for us. I really struggled because I felt at "home". I liked our place. I liked the location (what we were around), I liked the wood flooring, I liked the large rooms, I loved the storage space (as that is something that is usually very scarce in most places), and I LOVED the kitchen. I was content.
There were many downsides as well. We lived a 15 minute bike ride away from school (25 -30 min walk). So rain or shine (really HOT shine) we were biking to school. We were one of 4 teachers that lived out that way....all the other teachers living in the neighborhood close to the school. And....to be honest, our apartment was just old! It was REALLY hot OR really cold! There was always something not quite working....
So eventually we made the decision to move. Mostly based on the fact that we would be a 3-5 min WALK to school depending on the lights :)
We moved with help from some great friends and quickly unpacked and tried to settle. Jackie and Travis came just 3 days later!
Throughout the summer we quickly realized the convenience of our new place. We rode the MRT almost every day and it was GREAT to be so close.
Now, as school has begun, we LOVE LOVE LOVE our place even more! It is hard to even think that it was a difficult decision.
Its homey, its roomy, its beautiful, its SO close to school, its close to friends, its close to church, its convenient, and the list goes on! It's home....and home sweet home it is!
Click HERE to see pictures of our old and NEW place!
1 comment:
You went to ALOT of work to get that place ready in three days for our visit. It really is a nice place.
Post a Comment