Sunday started unlike most days! Cam woke up at 4:30 am to watch the Michigan football game (I call him crazy but he said he did it so that he wouldnt have to later in the day on my birthday; so that he would have more time for me) How lucky am I? At 7:45 am, I was wakened by singing (in Chinese) with breakfast in hand :) Who wouldn't want to start their day that way?? Shortly after bringing breakfast in, he joined me, and we both ate in bed. He also brought the computer in. I got to spend the next few hours Skyping with family! It was WONDERFUL!
I first was called by my dad, Gloria, Robbie, and grandparents (who were all wearing birthday hats). They then brought out a cake with candles and started singing happy birthday. It was super fun....Even though I didn't get to eat any of my cake :) ...it was definitely great to feel loved and thought of!
Then I got to talk to my mom, Erica, Tatum, and Tyler who again serenaded me with a wonderful rendition of Happy Birthday! It was a gift in and of itself to talk to these busy people!
After spending the morning relaxing, watching the Buckeyes who LOST, and then doing church via podcast (oh 12stone we miss you)....we got ready and headed out for lunch.
Cam treated me to a true Southwestern Grill experience! YUMA! It was heavenly! (definitely not the norm here)
We started with some shredded chicken nachos (Made me really miss Mi Pueblo nachos from back in the IWU days)!
Late afternoon, I was joined by two wonderful friends and we headed to do one of my FAVORITE THINGS in Taiwan....HAIR WASH! The next hour and a half was spent getting a neck, head, and shoulder massage, a WONDERFUL hair wash, a cozy blow dry, and a fun styling! And to top it off...we sat relaxing, chatting, and sipping our blueberry tea!
Then we came home and celebrated with a yummy cake with hot chocolate sauce and ice cream!
And then to top it off...cards and packages keep coming in the mail! Boy do care packages and letters from home have a way of brightening your day!
2 comments:
Glad you had a fun day!
Love the pictures...and the updates! Good job!
Love,
kara
Post a Comment