Names of God
Our theme this year at Bethany is Names of God. It has been amazing in just the short 10/11 weeks of school to see the students really grasp on to these new names for God. It is amazing how much we can learn about the character of God by studying these names. I love hearing my kids pray in the morning and say "and we thank you El Shaddai for being God Almighty. We know you have a plan for us and you are so powerful. We pray your will be done". I know that I didn't pray that way as a second grader. My students use the words Elohim (Creator God), El Elyon (God Most High), Yahweh (Lord), and El Shaddai (God Almighty) in their journals, in conversation, and in prayer. Oh, to have childlike faith!
I too have LOVED learning and focusing on the names of God. We used song clip/video during Spiritual Life Week and I found it very moving and powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-6gwssX0Y
We serve a God who is worthy enough to have many names! How Great is our God!
K, 1, and 2 worshiping during chapel time
Some of the Second Graders (my kiddos) reading scriptures to describes some of the names of God.
"Your name is a strong and mighty tower, Your Name is a shelter like no other, Your Name...let the Nations sing it louder because nothing has the power to save, but YOUR NAME!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5i2pELpqBg&feature=related
Thank you God for calling us here (Taiwan) to help the nations of this world sing it louder! Please continue to use us to share the saving power of your Name!
1 comment:
How exciting to see all this happen with your students. I didn't know many of those name myself...
Post a Comment