Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Cam and I wanted to just send out a Happy New Year wish to all our loved ones. We serve a great God and that gives us so much hope. It is our prayer that this year each of you will come to know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in a new and fresh way. May your year be bountiful with blessings and may your hearts and homes be full of love.

Here is a glimpse of how we rang in the new year. We sat back a little bit farther than this video was taken. We watched from the Botanical Gardens (with 20,000 other people in a very small blocked off section--which we would never choose to do again) but we did get to see the fireworks at the Opera house and bridge.
The thing about the fireworks in Sydney is that they are set off from the bridge and MANY other places in the harbor. From where we were sitting we could see the main show on the bridge right in front of us, the ones behind the Opera House, and the ones from the harbor to the left of us too. Pretty good....but I almost like watching this video just as much as I liked watching them that night :)

Enjoy! Sydney's NYE Fireworks video

Just to those who tried to watch the slideshows on the previous post and one of them didn't work...the problem should be fixed now! We love you all! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hi Klumps! Happy Holidays! I assume you guys are back in school? Love the new look of your blog. Elisa, thanks for faithfully checking and commenting on mine! It is always nice to hear from you, so far away!

Your pictures from your trip look AMAZING!!!!!! I think those blues are impressive, the colors are great! I can't believe what great pics you got underwater! How did you do that? And . . . I would love to see more skydiving pictures. You're SO brave. :)

Jacquelyn said...

Pretty neat. You'll be able to talk about that the rest of your lives. How many people have that opportunity??

Anonymous said...

Hey Elisa, I didn't realize you had a blog, so this is fun to read up on friends lives.... :-)