Monday, January 9, 2012

38 weeks!!

Still full term! Still doing great!

It is getting to the point where I understand why I have heard so many moms say "OK, he can come at ANY time now. I am READY"!! I have loved being pregnant (and still do)...but the discomfort that comes at the end, definitely makes you ready for that baby to be out and in your arms!
I am starting to loose sleep AND am feeling quite uncomfortable at times!
My belly button is still an "inny" which just amazes me. It doesn't really feel like I could stretch a bit more...but I know I will.

Baby Boy is:
*probably 7 lbs or more now (some days it feels like 100)
*around 20 inches long (give or take an inch). His femur bone has measured long the whole time...don't know what that means!
*He is still shedding the crisco coating (vernix) and the peach fuzz (lanugo)
*getting his lungs ready...he is producing more surfactant which will prevent the air sacs in the lungs from sticking to each other when he takes his first breath!
*still breech :( (However, I KNOW God knows the desires of our hearts and he also knows what is best for all involved. May HIS will be done!)

ANY DAY NOW!!!!

No comments: