Monday, April 30, 2012

12 days of Capturing Motherhood through your Lens!

I am back!!! (and with 12 really cute pictures at that)

I know its been a LONG time since you have seen or heard from us on here. You had a week play by play of my baby bump and baby boy's development for 20 weeks or so, and then all of a sudden--nothing! No announcement, no "BABY is here!!", no pictures of our adorable little guy, NOTHING!
Its kind of like a movie with no ending, and I hate that! So, I am sorry.

I will give a quick (very quick and to the point) update:

Baby Boy is here. He arrived via c-section on January 18, 2012. His name is Jadon.
He is cute. SO cute! We love him.
He is growing. and changing. and growing some more! He is now 3 months old?!?!? Where does time go.

I would love to someday write a post recounting the birth, the special weeks we spent with our moms following Jadon's birth, and all the many cherished moments that have occurred throughout these last three months as we have watched Jadon grow, but lets be realistic...if it hasn't happened yet, its probably not going to happen.

It IS a goal though.

I also hope to start updating you weekly with pictures and a little blurb about life with our little guy!

Again...its a goal. We will see :)

One thing I have done A LOT of in the last few months (other than nursing, changing diapers, laundry, playing on the floor, etc) is taking pictures. I just can't get enough of his cuteness and I try desperately to capture it on camera...wishing I could freeze time and not let these moments be forgotten or passed by.
Well, they are passing, and OH so quickly at that....but we are enjoying them and we do have LOTS of pictures to document this amazing time!

Since I am taking so many pictures, when I saw the photo challenge-- 12 days of Capturing Motherhood through your Lens-- hosted by my friend's magazine 'Inspired by Family', I decided to go for it.
First of all, I have plenty of photos to choose from.
Second of all, its a great chance to try some new things with the camera (even though my camera broke mid challenge)
Third, there are some great prizes.
and Fourth, what a better way to get back to the blogging world than with a post of 12 SUPER cute pictures of our little guy!

So, with no further delay, here they are:

Day 1: Where/What I spend my day...

Day 2: Puts a Smile on my face

Day 3: Depth of Field

Day 4: L.O.V.E

Day 5: Just Can't Get Enough

Day 6: Interesting View Point

Day 7: Messy Moments (I spared you the really gross stuff)

Day 8: Makes you go Hmmm? or Yummmm!

Day 9: Rule of Thirds

Day 10: Silly

Day 11: Object

Day 12: Thankful/Blessed (and boy am I both...SO thankful and SO blessed. I am one happy momma!)


So, even though this is the first update in a long time--it gives you glimpse into my world (motherhood)...I hope you enjoyed the view from my lens :)

More to come soon (I hope!)

Inspired by Family Magazine

2 comments:

pkgormong said...

cool! Great that you are practicing your photo skills and I just love the pictures! I love his smile, it is soooo sweet:) Don't worry, I haven't written birth stories either...ie my section on the blog that is empty!

Jacquelyn said...

I'm glad to see you are back at it. I kind of missed hearing what was going on :) Love your pictures.