Sunday, October 26, 2008

Does anyone read this???

First of all, as I write this I am not sure that anyone keeps up with our blog. I never get comments on it and I don't often get email responses. I may keep writing...because I think it is a good documetation and reflection for us BUT I hope that it is also keeping people updated at home. I know one of our biggest fears lately is loosing connections with people from back home (no communication, no idea what is happening there, and no one knows what is happening with us).
There have been a few faithful friends who have really tried hard...and of course family members (so thank you to those who are trying despite the distance and time difference)!

This week ended up going a lot more smoothly than we thought it may. It was still a busy one....but it went rather smoothly!
I was able to get all the one on one assessments finished and the moms tea went quite well. It was a very social time for all the moms and the kids just ran around. Not quite what I had imagined but the moms all enjoyed it! This week is now donuts with dad......so I may change my agenda and hopefully it will run a little more smoothly!
On Wednesday, after our 9th Chinese lesson (I still dont feel like we know much.....it is so hard and when you cant just study it full time....its hard to catch on) anyway...after our lesson we went out to eat again with the young married couple that we met from our church. Their names are Kelley and Erich.....We really enjoy spending time with them. We went to this Cheesy Baked Potato place that Cam and I just love. Then they took some time to walk us around to some restaurants that they really like (they made sure to highlight the ones who had picture menus or English)!
I also led my ladies Bible study on Wednesday night and it went really well. We are going through the Patriarchs study by Beth Moore. It is REALLY good....I would highly reccommend it!
Thursday, I also lead the 8th grade girls bible study for the first time. I had about 9 girls show up. Middle school is so different...so please just pray that God will help me know how to best reach these girls. They told me that they wanted to just study different topics that were prevelant in their lives right now. I think this will be good for them, BUT it does make it really hard for me. This means that I need to create my own lessons......(which I am already really struggling with and it is just week 2). I would appreciate all the prayers I can get !!!

This weekend Cam and I had to spend time getting things ready for this next week and for report cards. They are due on Monday....
On Friday night, we did go over to hang out at Sandra and Rays house. It was so fun because we got to make home made dumplings! I will have to post pictures of the wrapping process soon.....We also played Settlers which is one of Cam's favorite games. It is not my favorite game BUT it was fun to play games with people.
On Saturday got treated to a really nice dinner by a couple who has a student attending Bethany! They took around 15 of us to a really fancy Japanese Restaurant. The food was pretty good. At first the dad who took us was teasing us because we said we did not like seafood or raw food.....we were more the meat and potato midwestern type :) However, Cam and I were quite adventurous.....we both at three pieces of sashimi (not sure if that is spelled right....but raw fish!!!) Check out the pictures on picasa web if you dont believe me!
On Sunday, Cam and I went for a long bike ride down by the river ....it was a nice afternoon out. I think I will start having to do it more often after school for a little exercise!

OH a few fun tidbits.....on Friday night as we came home in the rain...we saw a huge REALLY fluffy dog being walked by his ownder. The dog was wearing a full raincoat. It had a hood, went down his legs, and buttoned up and everyting! Boy do I wish I had my camera.....
Then, on Sunday during our bike ride by the river......I saw a really fat weiner dog riding in his owners bike basket (but he barely fit). He was like in there all side ways....I was laughing so hard but it is also a little sad.

I guess I need to carry around my camera around all the time and start just taking dog shots!