One year older than a quarter of a century....Time sure does go by quickly!
Tomorrow, I will turn 26! 26 still seems young, but at the same time I am amazed every year as another birthday comes and goes. Highschool and college still feel like yesterday. I now have a 17 year old brother and it feels like I was just 17 myself.
So, how to celebrate 26. Well, we started early :) (which I think is always a good idea with birthdays)
After church today a friend/co-worker agreed to show us how to get to this little import shop with TONS of goodies from the US. We always knew this shop was in Tian Mu but we have never been. As soon as I walked in, it just brought a smile to my face. All the little treats that we normally think are not an option here in Taiwan...Dr. Pepper, Twizzlers, cereal options galore :)
Candy treated her daughter and I to a Dr. Pepper to have at lunch (because she was also treating Cam and I to Sababa's).
While at Wellman's Cam and I also got....
Which I took home, whipped up (with some added PB of course), and then topped with this:
The results, a happy birthday girl with her Taiwan version of her favorite birthday treat SCOTCHEROOS! (no Karo syrup in Taipei that I know of)
And then to top off the evening, Cam did this:
which we ate while watching Project Runway together :)
My last day as a 25 was a good one. Tomorrow a whole new year starts. I will be sure to fill you in later on the actual day of birth celebrations!
5 comments:
Nice to find a store with American goodies :) Have a Happy Birthday Elisa.
Jackie
Happy Birthday to You!!! What a beautiful way to spend your day...and what a treat to find some goodies that remind you of home. I wish I could bottle fall for you & send it to you in a jar. I know the ache for things of 'home'. I pray God will pour his favor on you & your heart will rest in him on this special day of 26!
happy birthday!!!
so glad you guys are living it up and enjoying your important role in the Kingdom in Taiwan!
also it's nice to see new stuff on your blog . . . keep it up. :)
xo
Happy birthday!!!
I'm jealous of the scotcheroos - I've been craving those (but too lazy to make them)... :)
And good job on running! I'm really impressed and proud of you - seriously!
haha..I put ba shi liu on the blog. That is 86 years old! haha.. I know my Chinese better than that. It just dawned on me today...I am not ba shi liu! Definitely not!
Post a Comment