Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun at the Science Museum...

So, I want to take my class to the Science Museum this year and thought it would be best to check it out before hand. So my good (and sort of geeky science friend, haha) Sandra and her beautiful family joined us and we spent a fun morning/afternoon at the museum. Turns out it is going to be wonderful for a field trip! Not only will it be great for the kiddos (as it aligns with our benchmarks perfectly) it was also quite fun for Cam and I as we explored as well.

We had one of those weird famous foreigners moments. There was a group of highschool age school kids there and Cam and I were quite interesting to them I guess. They could not stop saying hello and chatting with us in their limited English. We also consented to a picture with some of them which turned into a 10 minute photo session with all of them! Haha...Makes me wonder what do they do with these pictures of the "white" strangers? Or why did I not get a picture of them taking pictures with us??

Anyways, here's a little look at our fun:

Cam trying to figure out how to get a big bubble...

Me inside a huge bubble (this was actually pretty fun)


Fun with the mirrors...if only I had legs like this :)

I about got sick from this! Cam loved spinning in circles though....We know who will get to ride the spinning rides some day at the fair or amusement park!



Round is much better than square...


The museum fun was followed by more fun with the Chow family! I mean when you get to hang out with these two (and their fun parents too)



...you can't go wrong. Plus--Pizza and Costco. A fun trip to a new "warehouse" where I can buy whole wheat flour, canned pumpkin, and kidney beans (YAY!!!). I'd say the day was a success!

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Looks like a fun place to visit. Casper sure looks serious :)

Sandra said...

Hey! Who you calling a geek? :) Okay...maybe a little. :) I don't think I've ever done the big bubble thing. Will have to check it out next time!