Wednesday, November 9, 2011

29 weeks...11 to go!

72 days! We are anxiously waiting and watching as time goes by. Isn't it strange how we long for dates in the future, but then marvel as we look at the time that is now passing. We have much to do and much time we want to spend together. So we will continue to TRY and not wish away the days in excitement, but continue to enjoy the WHOLE process.
I think the hard part is work. I am ready to be done at work! And the countdown has really begun in my head for that. But, I know, that even that, I will miss.
So, I pray that God will help me to enjoy and be present in the PRESENT. May he help me to rest in him and rest in the now :)

Presently, this is what I look like:

I have gotten quite a few comments in the past week about how big I am starting to look. Sort of scares me to think that there are 11 weeks left.

My babycenter update this week said that Baby Boy Klump is growing RAPIDLY. I almost feel like I can feel him grow. I know that is not truly the case, but boy has he been moving and BOY, does my stomach just feel like it is streeeetching!

Week 29 was a pretty cool update. Here are some of the fun facts!
* He should be about 2 1/2 pounds (which I am pretty sure he is a bit over that) and he should be about 15 inches long
* This week he was compared to a butternut squash. So sad, because we actually had a butternut squash in the house when we took this picture. Why didn't I pose with it. (This is the first time that I have really related to the size of "fruit/veg" that they compared him to. It does seem like a butternut squash is just about right)
* His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature
* His head is getting bigger (not sure I like the idea of that) but it is important as this growth is caused by his developing brain
* His skeleton is hardening up and soaking up LOTS of calcium. (Good thing I am sitting here drinking a big glass of milk...not mentioning that I am only drinking it to wash down the pumpkin spice muffin with cream cheese icing that I am currently inhaling)
* He is much more active now. I hope that means he is turning and making his way "down". Last I knew he was breech (at week 28). Right now, I so wish I could tell what all the little hard parts that I feel every day when rubbing my belly are!)
(I guess when we have an appointment again in just a few weeks we will see if I need to start doing some hanging upside down or other exercises to get this little guy to flip!)


Some side notes:
-We are 95% sure we know which hospital we "plan" to deliver at. We should be getting an appointment set up with that doctor in the next week or so!
-I say "planning" because baby #3 from among my coworkers, came this past weekend. About three weeks early and SUPER SUPER fast. Its a fun story though. Sort of like the movies!!! In a way I think there was some good to it, but I am sort of hoping for not QUITE so dramatic!
-My wonderful friends, co-workers, and family here are going to be having a baby shower for me in just a few weekends. So, we are busy making lists and trying to determine the last bit of needs and wants!
-I have some fabrics for the nursery. I plan to start sewing soon!

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

I love your updates and look forward to reading them each week :) I didn't know you had a sewing machine over there or that you even sewed!!! Good for you.