32!!! 8 months!
Time has flown. Someone said....that means the baby could come anywhere in the next 6 to 10 weeks. I am hoping for the 7 to 8 week range!
I think some people think I look ready to pop. Some days I feel like it:
Baby boy Klump is definitely growing that is for sure. One of my students always smiles and says "Mrs. Klump, your baby is really getting big, isn't he?" as she looks at my stomach. I think she is right. (Unfortunately, the scales showed it this week at the doctors office too. YIKES! I think these holidays falling in my third trimester is NOT a good thing. I have NO self control--especially when it comes to holiday foods and SWEETS)
Anyway, some growth updates in regards to Baby Klump (the growth that excites me):
* He is around 17 inches long
* He weighs around 4 pounds (he is to gain about 1/2 a pound each week he is in there now)
* He has fingernails, toenails, and real hair now
* His skin (which is no longer transparent) is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up
* He is able to suck his thumb now
* He is practicing swallowing, breathing, kicking, and sucking as he finishes off his last weeks in the womb
According to the doctor today (Nov. 28), he is still breech.
Now that we are at the hospital, instead of just visiting a small clinic, we don't get quite as many perks. So, we haven't actually seen the little guys for quite a few weeks now. Dr. Jean felt my stomach today and at first thought he may have flipped but then decided he hadn't. I think she was actually a little stumped on his position (as she wasn't really answering my questions about what body part I was feeling where). She did say she would do an ultrasound in two weeks. She sort of gave the impression that he needs to flip by then.
I am thinking we may go back to the small clinic this week just for an ultrasound (since they do one at every appointment). I want to figure out what position he IS in exactly. Until then, I will keep inverting myself everyday!
Please join me in praying for him to flip, if it is safe for him to do so. I would really like the chance to have a natural birth.
His heartbeat was good today and I was healthy (however, I feel like Dr. Jean should have told me to hold off on the food some).
The urine sample at this appointment went MUCH more smoothly compared to my last appointment. However, the lady taking blood did NOT do a good job. It hurt like crazy!
And on another note--Just yesterday I was showered with love, blessings, and gifts by all my co-workers and their spouses at my first baby shower. I will do a post soon about all that fun!
Here is my handsome husband (and daddy to be) before I left for the shower:
I sure do love this man! I can already tell these two men hold my heart!!

2 comments:
you are so cute!!!
and i think i wore that same dress to my shower! and i totally identify with the scale going up those last weeks... and a breech baby. I will pray he turns!! (but i had a very positive experience with the c-section, i will say.)
Don't you worry girl! They swim around for awhile yet:). You are too cute! Love you!
Post a Comment