As I sit to type this update tonight, baby boy Klump is hiccuping away inside. I actually think this is one of the first times that I am confident he had the hiccups. I know many people feel these often. I guess I am not one of them. However, the quick rhythmic movements today were quite evident :)
Baby Boy Klump and I are 33 weeks into this process. I guess that means 5 more weeks until he is fully developed, and most likely anywhere from 5 to 9 weeks until he comes. I am hoping that he makes his arrival close to his due date :)
Here is what 33 weeks looks like for me:
After going to visit Dr. Jean last week (week 32) we did end up deciding to go to the small clinic near our house this week. It is super cheap (around 8 US dollars) and they quickly did an ultrasound for us to help give a better idea on little guy's position. As of that appointment (12/2), he was breech. Quite breech. Head and feet all squished up at the top. We did what we could this weekend to start encouraging him to flip. I was inverted and doing the "breech tilt" quite frequently. He does seem to have shifted some (definitely feeling him in different places....but I don't think he has really turned).
We are praying, if it is safe and healthy for him, that he will make that turn sooner than later. We know God can flip him, even in the last week right before delivery, but soon we will be getting the pressure from our c-section happy doctors, to start considering that route. So flip little one flip!
But what matter most right now is that Baby Boy is healthy and still growing big and strong.
Here is how he is looking at week 33:
* The doctor who did the ultrasound felt he weighed about 2 kilograms (4.4 lbs)
* He is somewhere around 17 to 19 inches long
* He is loosing that "alien" look (as the book puts it) and his skeleton is hardening
* The amniotic fluid level he is swimming in has maxed out now (there is no room for more fluid now)
* Because he is bigger and the ratio to him and fluid is now a lot closer, the pokes and kicks are becoming more uncomfortable. There is not as much fluid to cushion the blows....but I will take his kicks and punches any day. Let's me know he is lively and well in there :)
* Antibodies are now being passed from me to him (as his own immune system is gearing up)
That last fact makes me think of something one of the little kindergartners said to me this week. During my lunch duty, I was munching on an apple. She looked up at me and said, "Mrs. Klump, that apple looks good." "When you eat that apple, does that mean the baby gets to eat it too?" I love the way they think!
Oh, and another kid thought- last week....I was introducing the comprehension strategy of QUESTIONING to my second grade kiddos. We made an "I Wonder" chart to just keep track of all their questions....questions about life and the things around them.
Just a few days ago I saw this question get added to the chart: "I wonder how people get pregnant?"
I think I will leave that one for mom and dad to explain :)
This weekend Cam and I did get a little bit more settled and prepped for the little guy. Most of our prep will now have to wait for Christmas break. LOTS and LOTS of things on my to do list (both essential and crafty).
However, after washing ALL his things over the past few weekends--and after getting a great gift of money for some storage containers--we finally have his closet organized and ready to go. So instead of a million piles everywhere, we have a nice organized closet (and one big messy one that all the other stuff is just jammed into at this point).
Here is a picture of the one that is all ready!
We are getting anxious to welcome you little one! Not too much longer!

2 comments:
You look great, Elisa! So excited for you!
I like your little top in this picture :) I'll be praying the little guy changes his position so you can go through the process of having him natural (one of life's little pleasures ???) Closet looks good!
Love,
Jackie
Post a Comment