Monday, September 26, 2011

23 Weeks Now!

23 weeks.
In trying to determine months you may divide by 4 and you would say that it comes to 5 with a remainder of 3. But, some pregnancy books now put us at the beginning of month 6. I get confused when people ask me how many months I am. I would rather just answer in weeks. The month stuff just doesn't seem to add up in my mind.

Anyways. I am 23 weeks and that leaves us with about 119 days to go!

Here is Baby Klump bump @ week 23~

And just what is happening around week 23???Well....

1. Baby Boy has a sense of movement now. So, my email update told me start dancing. Of course after reading that Sunday morning, that was all I could think about as I was tapping and swaying away during worship at church. (I actually got quite emotional during worship. I was thinking so much of baby, how blessed we are, the amazing miracle of creation, and the large responsibility Cam and I have been given now as parents...and just moments later I look over to see the most adorable family completely into worship. Dad and mom had hands lifted high as they praised the Lord, AND their 1 year old daughter who was in daddy's arms had her hands lifted high as well. That is when the tears started to flow).
2. Baby boy is about 11 inches long (I can't believe we are almost at a foot!)
3. Baby boy should weigh just over a pound (which at the appointment this week our doctor said he is a little ahead...weighing in at 1.4 pounds. We may have a big boy on our hands!)
4. Blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. (Cam and I still find it SOOO amazing that the baby's lungs actually inflate as soon as the baby enters this world and comes into contact with oxygen for the first time).
5. His skin is a bit baggy and hanging loosely from his little body, since skin grows faster than fat. But I think he is starting to fill that skin just fine from what we hear!
6. He is continuing to develop his keen sense of hearing...getting used to the sounds that he hears often and becoming almost familiar with them! Just makes me want to talk to him all the more!


Earlier this week at school, we did a devotional on creation and just how much God reveals himself in it. It was a video about how to use creation as a witnessing tool. Too many people take all the intricate details of life around them, and just take it for granted...almost not giving it a thought or care.
Cameron and I have just been daily caught up in creation a lot lately (especially as we learn about our little guy). This verse really struck me in a powerful way on Monday:

Job 26:7-14

7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space;
he suspends the earth over nothing.
8 He wraps up the waters in his clouds,
yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.
9 He covers the face of the full moon,
spreading his clouds over it.
10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters
for a boundary between light and darkness.
11 The pillars of the heavens quake,
aghast at his rebuke.
12 By his power he churned up the sea;
by his wisdom he cut Rahab to pieces.
13 By his breath the skies became fair;
his hand pierced the gliding serpent.
14 And these are but the outer fringe of his works;
how faint the whisper we hear of him!
Who then can understand the thunder of his power?”

And THESE are but the outer fringe of his works (only a small part of God's works, just the beginning of all He does). How faint the whisper we hear of him (merely a whisper of his power)!!!

My God is Bigger than Big...and it is hard for me to even imagine just how great and big he is! How blessed I am...to know that he knows me, that he loves me, and that I get to experience his hand of creation at work in me, right now. Truly amazing!

2 comments:

joanne said...

aw elisa, it's sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful to see and feel how glooooooooowing with love, pride, joy, gratitude, hope, and giddiness for baby boy klump. It's really encouraging too! your baby is a blessed one already. :) really, it's simply beautiful. :)

Jacquelyn said...

Beautifully written. It is such a miracle :)