Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby Boy says hello!

Cameron and I went to the doctor's on Tuesday to get a level 2 ultrasound done. This is the deeper ultra sound that is done around 20 weeks. Not sure if Taiwan is any different than America in this case....but this is the time when doctors want to get a good view of the baby (checking all measurements, fluids, blood flow, development body parts, etc). It was a good 30 to 40 minutes long.
Cam and I weren't complaining though...we got to watch a nice long "movie" featuring our son :)

The doctor checked EVERYTHING. Half the time Cam and I were surprised at what the doctor said we were looking at, but we just took his word for it. He said Baby Boy Klump is healthy...measuring in the normal range for everything (except for weight).

Here are a few pictures of Baby Boy saying hello!
First one...smiling right at us:

Second one...just clarifying for us (in case we had any doubt) that he REALLY is a BOY:

And to end on a funny note. When the doctor showed us the view that you just saw, he said "It is a boy. These (pointing with the cursor like in the picture) are his genitals." A few moments later after moving the ultrasound wand a little more, he said again "This is his genitalia". AND then again....with basically the same view, he points one more time and says in all seriousness, "We call it, penis."

Cam and I somehow managed to keep a straight face (well I am sure we both smiled) but we did hold in the chuckles. Upon leaving the doctor's office, we were reliving that part of the evening and just laughing. We wanted to say, "Yeah, we call it that too!"

3 comments:

Travis and Christy Klump said...

"We call it a penis!!!" I love it! Totally laughing out loud at that one. I can't make anything out in the ultrasound pics, but I still love to see it all! Thanks for sharing everything with us!

Jacquelyn said...

That is funny! Thanks for sharing :)

MaDonna Maurer said...

I would not have been able to hold back the laugh. Oh. My...love cultural funnies like this. Needed a good laugh tonight...
btw, you have had some good funnies happen...like the call to the hospital for just a tour; should blog about that!